There is nothing cuter than a little boy in a bow tie. I mean they are just so handsome. That’s why back in the day when I had a handmade shop I used to make and sell them. Those babies flew off of the shelves. So today I have decided to share with you how to make bow ties and take part in a little boys fashion. P.S. I use this pattern (with bigger measurements) for men’s bow ties as well.
A little DIY bow tie tutorial for you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
*bow tie clip
Measure out your fabric to 10in. x 5in. and then cut it.
Do the same with your interfacing.
You will also need to cut a 4in. x 2 1/2 in. strip of fabric as well for the center of your bow tie.
1. Sew the fabric and interfacing together by sewing around the edges.
2. Then fold together long ways, interfacing out. and sew together.
Take the small piece of fabric, fold it long ways with right side facing out, and sew it together.
1. Turn the big piece right side out.
2. Lay it flat with seem in the middle and iron it.
3. Then fold both ends in until they slightly overlap and iron folds.
Take small piece of fabric and iron flat, with seem down the middle.
Sew together the bow tie down the middle.
Then fold the small strip in half, inside out, and sew it with about an 1/2in. on the end.
Trim off end after sewing and flip fabric right side out.
1. Pinch bow tie in the middle and stitch it.
2. Grab bow tie clip and hand sew it on.
3. Slide the smaller piece of fabric on the bow tie until it’s centered.
To wear bow tie you just bend back the “flaps” and attach on your collar.
And there it is, so simple and oh so adorable!
I mean seriously, you need to make some of your own too!
**Professional photos thanks to Kelly Olivares Photography**